Sandro (Vasil) is a partner in BGI Advisory Services Georgia, based in Tbilisi. Mr. Bibilashvili joined the firm in January 2002 as a paralegal, before continuing to enhance his legal education in Europe. Prior to rejoining the firm in August 2005, Mr. Bibilashvili served as an associate at Business & Legal Consulting LLC, one of the prominent law firms in Georgia. Professional experience of Mr. Bibilashvili includes spells at the Office of Congressman Bernard Sanders (I), Burlington, VT, USA (legal intern) and Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Georgia, Department of International Law, Tbilisi, Georgia (legal intern).
Mr. Bibilashvili graduated with honors from Tbilisi State University (TSU), Department of Law, earning a professional degree in law. He holds LL.M. degree in International Business Law from Central European University (CEU), Budapest, Hungary. In addition, he successfully completed a program in Political Science at the University of Vermont, Burlington, VT, USA. In May 2011 Sandro graduated from Duke University School of Law (Durham, NC, USA) earning his second LL.M. degree.
Mr. Bibilashvili was part of the TSU team recognized as the best respondents at the international moot court competition held at the International Court of Justice, The Hague, The Netherlands. While at CEU, he has conducted an independent research at UNIDROIT (International Institute for the Unification of Private Law), Rome, Italy, in the field of international franchising.
In September 2012 Sandro received international accreditation from Center for Effective Dispute Resolution (London, UK) and is now a ‘CEDR accredited mediator.
Key practice areas include: corporate and commercial law, contracts, M&A, labor law, environmental law, securities, real estate & constructions, litigation, arbitration & mediation.
Sandro is a member of the Georgian Bar Association since 2006.
Languages: Georgian (native), English (fluent), Russian (fluent).
His prior key engagements include:
- Advising a major oil company on multi-million real estate project in Georgia.
- Advising a major international insurance group on restructuring its Georgian operations.
- Advising a large ship management group in privatization negotiations with the Georgian government.
- Representing a foreign based business in multi-million recognition and enforcement proceedings in Georgia.
- Advising major oil company on a large environmental project.
- Representing joint lead managers on issuance of USD 250 million bonds by Georgian National Oil Company.
- Advising large European banks on a USD 45 million loan facility agreement.
- Representing large Georgian bank in obtaining USD 33 term loan facility from the Dutch financial institution.
- Representing a large multi-national franchise in negotiations for securing OPIC loan facility.
- Representing a major oil company in numerous private disputes.
- Representing a large Central European investor in real estate development project.
- Representing a major international tobacco companyin various ongoing legal matters, participated in legislative drafting in the Parliament on its behalf.
- Representing a joint lead manager in IPO of a large Georgian company.
- Conducting a due diligence review of one of the largest state-owned companies of Georgia for privatization purposes.
- Acting as counsel of a large US-Government funded project in Georgia.
- Advising and represented several European and Middle East based investors in acquisition of real estate in Georgia and negotiations for development of such real estate.
- Conducting a large environmental research project for a major international oil company.
- Conducting a due diligence review of the largest mobile operator company of Georgia.
- Advising and representing a large foreign investor and negotiated with government officials in a deal to transfer mineral extraction licenses.