Tamara is counsel with BGI Legal. Prior to joining the firm, Tamara worked for Ernst & Young Legal and GCG Law Office. Her areas of practice include real estate, property and land, employment, tax and customs, telecommunications, intellectual property, corporate registrations and incorporation.
A brief selection of her most recent representations includes the following:
- Represented a major Russian-based investment group in a consolidated acquisition of the largest Georgian gold and copper mining enterprise from the State and private owners;
- Advised a major Dutch based investment company on various legal issues, including acquisition of real estate in Georgia, establishment of local subsidiaries and loan structure;
- Advised a major Israeli based distribution company in connection with setting up operations in Georgia, acquisition of real estate and employment issues;
- Advised a large Dutch based real estate development company in relation to the acquisition of real estate in Georgia;
- Advised IFC on the pending East West Highway concession project;
- Acted as a special counsel for a major Cyprus based company in connection with mortgage of marine vessels registered in Georgia;
- Advised a large oil company in connection with the negotiation and execution of a HGA with the government of Georgia;
- Advised a large oil company on various legislative and regulatory issues (including environmental regulations);
- Participated in a USD 90 million privatization transaction of a major port and infrastructure facility with a view of establishment of a free industrial zone;
- Represented a US based major bank in a USD 25 million mezzanine loan financing of a leading US-Georgian real estate developer and operator;
- Advised the American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee, one of the largest international Jewish charities, regarding its operations in Georgia;
- Participated in drafting and negotiating contractual documentation in a strategic infrastructure development project (Build, Operate and Transfer Contract for Tbilisi International Airport);
- Assisted the Embassies of United Kingdom, France, Israel, the Netherlands and the mission of the World Bank in Georgia in various land and real estate-related transactions, valued up to USD 10 million;
- Represented a major international pharmaceutical company in settling a collective labor dispute, involving approximately USD 5 million material value.
Tamara serves as a board member at Center for International Education, a non-governmental organization established by Open Society Georgia Foundation.
She received her first legal degree with highest honors from the Department of International Law and International Relations at Tbilisi State University (1999) and an L.L.M from Central European University in Budapest, Hungary (2001).
Tamara is fluent in English, Russian and German, with basic knowledge of Spanish and French.